Aleta Biotherapeutics is an immuno-oncology company focused on transforming cellular therapeutics to allow a broad spectrum of cancer indications to be targeted, including currently intractable solid tumors.
Aleta Bio has created a unique portfolio of multi-antigen targeting solutions for cell therapy, designed to address the critical issues of CAR-T persistence, tumor antigen loss leading to patient relapse, and tumor antigen heterogeneity.
Co-founders Paul Rennert and Roy Lobb bring extensive scientific and leadership experience in immunology, oncology and drug development to this new enterprise.
Aleta is led by a team with significant biotechnology entrepreneurial and CAR-T drug development experience and supported by the field’s leading scientific and clinical advisors.
- Managing Partner and co-founder of Columbus Venture Partners
- Previous CEO of Highlight Therapeutics and Artax Biopharma
- Founder of Highlight Therapeutics, Artax Biopharma, Viralgen, Vivet Therapeutics, Polypeptide Therapeutic Solutions, Tyris Therapeutics, and Radioterapia de Protones
- Chairman of C4X Discovery and Draupnir Bio, Non-Executive Director of Almirall, Targovax and Crescendo Biologics (current)
- Previous Chief Business Officer at Immunocore and Chief Business Officer and member of the Executive Committee and Euronext IPO team at Ablynx NV
- Held senior positions at various large-cap biotechnology companies including Vertex Pharmaceuticals